While supplies last, choose a free gift when you subscribe! Please note, free Gifts are only available to first-time subscribers.
Subscribe now to No Depression, the premier journal on roots music. Each issue of the quarterly journal features long-form articles, insightful artist profiles, original illustrations, and stunning photography. Plus, your subscription helps the FreshGrass Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, keep the future of roots music and music journalism alive.
When you subscribe today, you will receive our newest quarterly print journal. But you’ll also feel good knowing that you’re supporting No Depression’s free website stories and other independent work.
- Peak Performance: 50 years of the Telluride Bluegrass Festival - Caitlin Wolper
- Darkest Before the Dawn: On the cusp of a breakout, Sunny War isn't afraid to probe despair - Kim Ruehl
- Freedom of Expression: A new generation of instrumentalists explore the guitar's possibilities - Vanessa Ague
- Where the Heart Is: Black Belt Eagle Scout's renewed connection to home comes out in the music - Mia Hughes
- Breaking the Silence: Argentina's soundtrack to dictatorship and democracy, as seen in Argentina, 1985 - Judy Cantor-Navas
- Slow Omen: A poem and essay by H.C. McEntire
- Meeting in the Middle: Nickel Creek has much more to say - Stacy Chandler
- Funky Friends: Trombone Shorty leads a musical exchange in Havana - Hilary Saunders
- A Long Road: Musicians struggle to keep up the pace amid long COVID - Kimberly Kaye
- Recovering for an Audience - Kimberly Kaye
- Pre-Show Precautions - Hilary Saunders
- Sides of the Moon: The many phases of The Milk Carton Kids' new album - Will Hodge
- Screen Door: 'Your Song' and Ours - Kyshona
- Original design by Marcus Amaker
- Original cover art by Jimena Estíbaliz
- Original poetry by H.C. McEntire
- Archival images courtesy of the Telluride Bluegrass Festival
- Original photos by Hilary Saunders
The digital copy of the Spring 2023 edition will be emailed to subscribers on March 10th.