Subscribe now to No Depression, the premier journal on roots music. Each issue of the quarterly journal features long-form articles, insightful artist profiles, original illustrations, and stunning photography. Plus, your subscription helps the FreshGrass Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, keep the future of roots music and music journalism alive.
When you subscribe today, you will receive our newest quarterly print journal. But you’ll also feel good knowing that you’re supporting No Depression’s free website stories and other independent work.
The Fall 2022 edition of No Depression is the first since "Return to Print" issue in Winter 2015 without a theme and will pave the way for future editorial adventures. Each journal features long-form, multi-sourced stories highlighting the music’s stars and up-and-comers, as well as its underreported issues.
Included in this issue:
- Support Behind the Scenes: Three nonprofits shaking up the music industry's status quo - Courtney E. Smith
- Thanks for Nothing: Roots musicians aim to bring more Thanksgiving songs to the table - Will Hodge
- Servant of Her Voice: A rediscovered Armenian folk song connects immigrants to their homeland - Noah Berlatsky
- Right on Time: The curious rise and resurrection of the gospel-soul group The Staples Jr. Singers - Zach Schonfeld
- All Aboard: Silkroad Ensemble goes full steam ahead with Rhiannon Giddens leading the way - Hilary Saunders
- The Last of His Kind: Bobby Rush reflects on his reign as King of the Chitlin' Circuit - Jim Shahen
- Back to the Well: Marcus King brings the lessons of classic rock into the modern era - Joshua M. Miller
- A Home Run Idea: The Vandoliers and baseball bat maker Warstic find common ground in sports and music - Natalie Weiner
- A Life Achieved: Loudon Wainwright III reflects on music, family, and connecting - Michael Elliott
- The Music is You: Keeping John Denver's legacy alive 50 years after 'Rocky Mountain High' - Katie Moulton
- Chasing Songs Around: The Reach of Todd Snider's troubadour life - Hilary Saunders
- Bringing Back Revelations - Eugene Hutz (Gogol Bordello)
- Original design by Marcus Amaker
- Original cover art by Shelby Criswell
- Original art by Janice Fried
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the film 'Hard Luck Love Song' (based on a Todd Snider song) courtesy of Synthetic Pictures
The digital copy of the Fall 2022 edition will be emailed to subscribers on September 9th.