Imagine that music lover in your life getting gifted 4 issues of No Depression. They'll discover new music, get deeper insights into roots music artists and trends, and enjoy our world-class publication's stories, photography, and design just as much as you do for an entire year! Give the gift of No Depression today.
The gift subscription is the the physical journal only. The gift recipient will not receive the digital copy of the journal.
Please add your recipient's shipping information in the Shipping Address field at Checkout and add their email address to the Order Notes field.
When you subscribe today, you will receive our newest quarterly print journal. But you’ll also feel good knowing that you’re supporting No Depression’s free website stories and other independent work.
Following up on the success of Summer 2023’s issue with guest editor Dom Flemons, No Depression returns with another book of long-form, multi-sourced journalism highlighting the roots music’s stars and up-and-comers.
Although the season might be cooling down, the upcoming roots music releases are just heating up. The Fall 2023 issue will include profiles on GRAMMY and Tony-nominated singer-songwriter Brandy Clark and soul legend Bettye LaVette (herself a long-time No Depression supporter!). Additionally, this issue will tackle underreported issues like the rise of unions within the music industry — from labels like The Secretly Group and platforms like Bandcamp — and the roots musicians like Mipso and The Mountain Goats who are involved in these efforts.
No Depression is committed to producing the best roots music coverage, both in print and online at nodepression.com.
Included in this issue:
- The 30th anniversary of Counting Crows’ August and Everything After
- A profile on Brandy Clark in the wake of her new, self-titled album and Tony Award nomination for Shucked
- A profile on soul legend Bettye LaVette
- An inside look at various unionization movements with the music industry
- A feature on the kulintang instrument (from the Philippines) and contemporary groups like Pantayo bringing back this ancient tool within roots music
- The incredible story of how Tony Rice’s famed guitar got to Billy Strings
- How Júlia Colom is reinventing Mallorca’s Tonada Tradition
- The resurgence of cowboy poetry, highlighting a reissue set of works by Roxy Gordon
... And so much more!
- Original design by Marcus Amaker
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes photos from The Birthplace of Country Music’s new special exhibit, “I’ve Endured: Women in Old-Time Music”